I can’t stop laughing at Harry running the fuck away, the boy who lived ladies and gentlemen.
….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
So why was this series about Harry Potter again?
Let’s not forget the Chamber of Secrets. She figures out the monster and how it’s getting around the school, then realizes that she’s probably the only muggleborn inside, while the rest of the school is at a Quidditch match. She carefully maneuvers the hallways until she finds Penelope Clearwater, asks for a mirror, and explains that they’re going to be attacked, so it’s petrification or death. She manages to make sure the information about the Basilisk will be found after she’s petrified. ALSO DID I MENTION SHE WAS TWELVE YEARS OLD AT THE TIME? That is some damn coldblooded thinking.
HERMIONE GRANGER FOR SHADOW MINISTER!
(Which according to JK Rowling is basically Hermione’s actual job.)
(Source: fallforwatson, via honoria-lucasta-delagardie)